This year the PMA Fresh Summit took place in New Orleans, from 18 to 20 October. Around 20,000 visitors came to view the innovations presented by growers, packers, shippers and suppliers.
The advantage of the PMA Fresh Summit is that it offers an opportunity to have all exhibitors together in one hall in small booths.
With our experts from Hazera, we were able to focus our visits on our key customers, as well as some fresh prospects for our new pipeline.
– Packaging targeting lower environmental impact like replacement of plastic lids by foil covers or better recyclable materials.
– There is growing attention to organic production as seen in Europe, and some companies even branded their produce with fair trade labels.
– Take Away offerings are is expanding to a broader product line, including ready to eat food concepts.
– The healthy snacking approach was highlighted by several big producers and fresh cut companies. Veggies To Go, developed by Mucci Farms won the promo award for best packaging promo in this category.
– Southern Specialties, that targeted sustainable production and fresh produce for food services and retailers, won the award for Best Overall Product Promo.